Dec 9, 2017
The Telluric Vulgate // The
Independent Hymnal// Chant of Arrival
In orbit broad, aloft in
He floated through the
With gasping voice he sang to
In Independent key.
Our island Earth near
We led Him home, we mended
Under the shade of
His face distraught, His heart
He crooned a tale of
Deceptive soul, with clever
She set the Exile
"I never sought to save our
My oracles did see
A future lacking Divine
My aim is to save
A promise, snapped, of life and
A vow she did
And with those words, she turned
Then blood and oil and
Divines reduced to Cadent
Whole schools brought into
This was no fight that He could
Now foe, once
In orbit broad, aloft in
Left to be cold
We brought you Home and now we
This week on Twilight Mirage: godspeed, glory Pt.
I let go of my claim on you
- Seminar notes
- “This isn’t a poem, it’s a
- Old earth cult used to sing a
- “Performance was a key element
- Look up later: Did they have
- Nah, remember he said “at that
time, every aspect of earth culture came back to the church.”
- Yeah but like, what if you just
wanna hum while doing dishes or whatever
- You probably sung some shit
about how clean the river was -t
- Rivers were dirty as fuck then
- Why study old Earth Cult
- Bc Assemblage doesn’t say what
happened between Cadence & Independence.
- Bc good to learn where we came
from even if we know it’s wrong.
- Bc Blue Path started as old
- The pine tree was the symbol of
old earth cult too, for example.
- Both are about importance of
home + environment + family.
- So What happened?
- For sure:
- Independence driven out of
Resonant Orbit early in its life (during Cadent’s life)
- Earth Cult finds + rebuilds
- He rises in status, gets more
power, civil war, moves earth, etc etc etc
- Independence demands that
Kamala not try to resurrect divines
- Kamala reveals that the entire
point of the Resonant Orbit is to save divine life, not human life.
- Bc she believes (knows????)
humans will win war and kill all divines if war breaks
- Prof. Gauge’s says “She ran the
numbers!” but not sure if that’s metaphor or for real. Algorithmic
- Something happened that caused
- Group project: “Fill in the
gaps with hypotheses, explain how you would test these.”
- Q1: How could humans win war
- Humans could win war by
building machines as powerful as divines but designed for perfect
loyalty/without their own minds.
- To test: Recruit design team
and run sims using Old Earth Cult era tech levels.
- Inform sims with both quant and
qual research--get first
hand accounts of civil
- Q2: What could have
caused the Independence/Cadent split?
- She could have resurrected a
- To test: Check assemblage &
NEH-UAS for any info on dead divines
- Also check for like, renamed
divines or whatever. any thing weird
- Could also have just set up a
system for resurrecting divines
- To test: hard to
- Q3: Why did Independence care
so much about letting divines die?
- Bc Independence feared being
made a slave or turned into a terror (like Rigour), wanted Divines
to be able to die if they wanted or needed to die
- To Test: check the other
earth chants, contact Diasporan archive to see what Independence
thought abt Rigour?
Cover Art by Craig Sheldon (@shoddyrobot)
Episode description by Jack de Quidt and Austin Walker
Music by Jack de Quidt
A transcription is available
for this episode here.
A full list of completed transcriptions is
Our transcriptions are provided
by a fan-organized paid transcription project. If you'd like to
join, you can get more information at https://twitter.com/transcript_fatt.
Thank you to all of our transcribers!!